Sunday School information will be sent under separate cover for the weeks while under suspension.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
The Peace of the Lord be with you! You have just read the Bishop’s directive regarding the COVID-19 epidemic. Here is some additional information concerning pastoral care during this outbreak:
- IF YOU ARE SICK, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- If you are in the high risk groups, please stay home. Those include:
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have a compromised immune system.
- Older adults
- People who have a serious chronic medical condition like:
- Heart Disease
- Lung Disease
- Sunday School & Nursery are suspended for the next 2-3 weeks and this may be extended as needed. Watch this space.
- Sunday School Lessons will be distributed by Dr. Jennifer Zaborowski, Religious Education Director, for the weeks we are not able to meet. She will scan those and make them available online within the next couple of days.
- Small group studies of persons under 50 should be held as you feel comfortable with the new directives from the CDC.
- Coffee Hour is suspended for 2-3 weeks and this may be extended as needed. (Update: 03/14/2020: 20:00).
- Please contact us immediately if you or someone you love needs to have the Eucharist brought to your home, needs a visit in the hospital for anointing and/or the Eucharist, or if you would like us to pray for you or your family.
You may contact me at email@example.com or calling me at 219-798-3331 to arrange a visit. You may also call the office at 845-256-8480 and leave a message there.
When the pastoral staff reaches your home or hospital, we will not greet you with the usual affection to avoid possible infection. We love you and will act accordingly.
Please note that directives from different ministry areas will be added to this page as we go along and handle this crisis.
Please re-read the Bishop’s directive. Wash your hands.
Yours in Christ,
Fr, Mark Kurowski
Dean and Pastor